Choosing the right photos for your project is not as easy as it sounds! Consider our tips and learn how to choose the right royalty free images for your upcoming projects!
As presentations continue to rise in popularity, it is always great to meet marketers or presenters opting for amazing photos over a heavy text. At the same time, it is a shame to see so many great presentations destroyed with low-quality stock photos.
Choosing the right photos for your project is not as easy as it sounds and it certainly cannot be done at the last minute. If you want your project to be perfect and amaze everyone in the room, you must make an effort and find the best photo that is suitable for the text.
We have a few tips for you that can help you choose the right royalty free images for your upcoming projects:
- Find and choose photos that are text-friendly: You surely don’t want your typography to look like it was not suitable for the picture or was put on the slide like it is non-important. You need to make an effort to pick stock photos that will provide you with a proper space (the perfect space – the left or to the right) so you can place your text appropriately. It is easy to throw money away to purchase photos, but don’t be tempted to make such purchase. There are great sources such as Pixabay, Pexels, Unsplash, Burst, Gratisography, Picjumbo and others where you can find some great royalty free images.
- Natural always wins – If you have checked out some of the sources we have just mentioned, you have probably noticed that there are lots of generic stock photos, for example, a corporate handshake or a group of friends watching TV, and etc. All of these photos are generic and boring we must say. When going through royalty free images, you need to choose a photo that is in your best interest and that’s not everything. You need to choose a photo that doesn’t look unnatural, posed or fake as that will ruin the concept of your project. Remember, the more authentic the photo, the better for you and your project!
- Choose for your audience – If you are going to introduce a presentation to an audience or to corporate team, you need to select photos that are corporate. If you are representing a modern, cool and hip agency, you need to find and choose photos that are cool and hip. You need to be proud of the brand you are representing and allow your photos to show your authentic voice. You need to always choose for your audience as based on the audience reaction, the success of your project will be measured.
- Pursue relevance – There are a lot of stock photos that are already outdated and shouldn’t be used. You surely don’t want to be talking about your smartphone marketing strategy while presenting a photo of a flip phone. You need to pay attention to things such as technology and fashion as they are the most important indicators of up-to-date or dated stock photos.
We hope these few great tips will bring you to the best royalty free images for your upcoming projects. Remember, you can’t find a great photo in 5 minutes. You need to dedicate at least half an hour so you can make a selection and pick the best photos.
So, are you ready to start exploring? Check out the sources we have mentioned before and also check Dreamstime, Shutterstock, Thinkstock, iStockPhoto, and Getty Images where you can also find great photos! . Read More.
5 Stock Photo Websites Worth Visiting: Find the Best Public Domains Images Free of Charge
Looking for public domains images free of charge? Look no further and check out these 5 stock photo websites that are definitely worth visiting!
Finding the right photo to compliment your social media post, your blog post, your article or your business presentation is essential for engaging readers and leave them want more from you. But, as you probably know – high-quality photos are hard to find, especially high-quality photos that are free for you to use.
To help simplify the work of finding the right photo for your website, blog, social media or presentation, we have combed through some free stock photography websites to find the cream of the crop. There are some great websites that offer high-quality photos for free and available to use for commercial purposes.
You need to definitely consider these websites and maybe visit them as soon as possible:
- StockSnap – This is probably one of the best websites for businesses and organization that need photos on daily basis. This website updates their extensive database of high-resolution and high-quality photos. The photos you can find here are unique and cannot be found anywhere else (most of them). The photos are chosen from an exclusive network of artists and photographers who contribute their masterpieces for Stocksnap. The intuitive and clean interface makes finding the best photo super easy with sorting and easy-to-use options.
- Pexels – If the photos on Pexels look familiar it is because this website collects the best of the best from all over the web and puts the public domains images free of charge in a central collection for you to search for. They update their database with new high-quality photos every day. Every photo you’ll find here provides information such as the size, camera, aspect ratio, aperture, focal length, shutter speed, and ISO.
- Death to Stock – This is a very popular stock photography website that aims to provide diverse, real, and high-quality photos. This upcoming and progressive website’s goals is to help more organizations accomplish visual greatness with amazing photos captured by photographers and artists traveling the world. The best thing about this website is that new commercial and personal photos are delivered directly to your email each month. The website also offers a premium solution to all their photos and if you decide to become a premium member – you will receive even better photos each month.
- Pixabay – On this website, you will find more than 500.000 photos, art illustrations, vectors, and backgrounds to choose from. This website has one of the biggest databases of photos and the thing that sets this source apart is they also feature downloadable videos free of charge. When searching for a photo, premium photos are shown first followed by free photos. This gives visitors a choice of choosing higher quality photos if needed. The premium photos are limited. The website also offers you an opportunity to search by the most voted, most downloaded, and most viewed photos of the last month.
- StockPhotos – This website doesn’t look like a typical stock photography website, but still, you can find some great photos. You can find photos that capture everything from homelessness to traveling, and much more. Keep in mind that the photos here come from multiple sources and each photo should be double checked for copyright details so you can avoid legal problems.
Do you have a favorite website you turn to for public domains images that is not on this list? What is your experience with that website? We would like to hear everything in the comments below!